About the Firewire Hydronaut Surfboard: The Hydronaut is Tomos first step-up dedicated to powerful waves. We are anxious to finally release this shape for the first time after years of refinement by Tomo because this model has earned a cult like following over the past several years since Tomo first made it public. This shape has an elliptical template with a wide point forward of center and a tight radius torpedo round nose profile. This torpedo nose represents Tomos big wave approach to maneuverability, in the same way his cut off nose in the Omni and Cymatic represent his approach to maneuverability in smaller waves. In Tomos words, the torpedo nose gives the surfer a safer feeling in critical situations because of the way it enhances the quickness of direction changes when maneuvers are made at high speed. Tomo has surfed this board everywhere from Blacks to Baja Malibu to Hawaii, and all over Australia. And so has Stuey Kennedy.Together these two have brought Tomos big wave philosophies to the masses for the first time with the Hydronaut, and we are anticipating an elevated level of performance surfing on big waves in 2018. We're also excited for average surfers to find that this shape can do the simple stuff easily: Drop in. Pull in. Spit out. Kick out.
Size Width Thickness Volume
5-8 x 18 5/16 x 2 1/4 x 24.8
5-9 x 18 1/2 x 2 5/16 x 26.1
5-10 x 18 11/16 x 2 3/8 x 27.5
5-11 x 18 7/8 x 2 7/16 x 28.9
6-0 x 19 1/16 x 2 1/2 x 30.3
6-1 x 19 1/4 x 2 9/16 x 31.9
6-2 x 19 5/16 x 2 5/8 x 33.2
6-4 x 19 15/16 x 2 3/4 x 36.8
6-6 x 20 5/16 x 2 7/8 x 40.2
6-8 x 20 11/16 x 3 43.8
LFT incorporates Firewire’s SPRINGER HD, a 0.75” (18 mm) wide aerospace composite that runs down the centerline of the board, representing the next generation in our SPRINGER technology.
The SPRINGER HD runs the entire length of the board and plays a pivotal role in optimizing flex from nose to tail.
1 – Entropy Bio-Resin Throughout
2 – 1mm Ultralight High Compression Deckskin
3 – Top Deck Sandwich Cloth
4 – Aerospace Composite Springer
5 – 1.5 lb EPS Core
LFT – ECOBOARD Verified – LEVEL ONE
Returns & Exchanges
Return & Exchange Policy:
- Customer service is our number one goal. We are always here to assist in your buying purchases but understand the need to return or exchange items purchased online. If you are not completely satisfied with your products, you may return or exchange any purchase within 30 days of receipt.
- Items must be in new/unused condition, in original packaging with the original tags, receipt, all warranty cards, manuals and accessories. The manufacturers original packaging that comes with your item and all accessories that may be part of the item must also be returned undamaged. This means if your item comes in a box (for instance a shoe box) you will need to ship it inside another box to keep it in new condition. Items not returned in new condition could be ineligible for return or subject to a restocking fee. Ossies Surf Surf does not refund any shipping costs on returns unless the return was due to an error on our part.
- Please inspect all items upon arrival for errors or defects and contact us immediately if there is any loss or damage.
- If it is our error that is the cause for your return, we will reimburse your shipping costs to return your items.. (This is actual FedEx Ground, UPS Ground or USPS Priority freight and will not include any packaging, preparing, or mail room costs.) We will not reimburse for any Expedited Shipping: (i.e.; Overnight, 2nd Day or Air Shipping etc.).
- Please allow approximately 3 business days for your return to be processed once it has arrived.
- Used items are not eligible for returns, all sales are final on used items. Please me sure to ask any questions you have about the condition of a used item BEFORE purchasing.
Special Order Return Policy:
- Returns for refund on special orders may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Rental, lesson or tour cancellation refunds:
Any scheduled lessons or tours must be paid in full at the time of the reservation and may be cancelled with a full refund BEFORE 24 hours ahead of the scheduled time. If weather prevents lesson from being safe, alternate activities or store credit will be offered.