For fun days with a nice side of performance, the Astropop XL is the go to board for loose fun in all wave conditions.
The Astro Pop XL is designed to give you some extra spark and easy paddle in weaker, slower waves, while still keeping a performance edge and super fun to ride in good surf.
Built off of the Astro, the retro fish we've been making for years, the Astro Pop XL has a more pulled in nose and tail, with a little wing to help pull in the last 4 inches of the tail which creates a lot of curve in the outline, adding maneuverability without sacrificing any speed. The bottom has a deep double concave running through to vee off the tail which makes the board get up on top of the water in even slower, weaker waves and still easily tip over onto the rail at high speeds.
A mild beak nose helps keep the thickness up into the nose, but it's not overly chunky, more like a daily driver type board but with easy paddling aided by the flatter entry rocker. We recommend the Astro Pop XL as a quad, for speed, but it comes stock with a 5-fin setup to maximize versatility.
Ride it as short as you want and about 3/4" to 1" wider, with a thickness that gives you a bit more volume than your everyday shortboard.
Returns & Exchanges
Return & Exchange Policy:
- Customer service is our number one goal. We are always here to assist in your buying purchases but understand the need to return or exchange items purchased online. If you are not completely satisfied with your products, you may return or exchange any purchase within 30 days of receipt.
- Items must be in new/unused condition, in original packaging with the original tags, receipt, all warranty cards, manuals and accessories. The manufacturers original packaging that comes with your item and all accessories that may be part of the item must also be returned undamaged. This means if your item comes in a box (for instance a shoe box) you will need to ship it inside another box to keep it in new condition. Items not returned in new condition could be ineligible for return or subject to a restocking fee. Ossies Surf Surf does not refund any shipping costs on returns unless the return was due to an error on our part.
- Please inspect all items upon arrival for errors or defects and contact us immediately if there is any loss or damage.
- If it is our error that is the cause for your return, we will reimburse your shipping costs to return your items.. (This is actual FedEx Ground, UPS Ground or USPS Priority freight and will not include any packaging, preparing, or mail room costs.) We will not reimburse for any Expedited Shipping: (i.e.; Overnight, 2nd Day or Air Shipping etc.).
- Please allow approximately 3 business days for your return to be processed once it has arrived.
- Used items are not eligible for returns, all sales are final on used items. Please me sure to ask any questions you have about the condition of a used item BEFORE purchasing.
Special Order Return Policy:
- Returns for refund on special orders may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Rental, lesson or tour cancellation refunds:
Any scheduled lessons or tours must be paid in full at the time of the reservation and may be cancelled with a full refund BEFORE 24 hours ahead of the scheduled time. If weather prevents lesson from being safe, alternate activities or store credit will be offered.