The Shadow XL is our larger dims/volume version of the newest addition to the Ghost family, built for surfers looking for the performance of a traditional shortboard with a more modern outline in larger dimensions.
The Shadow was awarded SIMA Shortboard of the Year for 2019.
Already a favorite of John John Florence, Jack Freestone and the rest of our team, it's the board that lets you surf how you want in a wide range of wave conditions and size.
Knowing that the Phantom is a great board for many types of conditions, Jon decided to start with there and redesign it as a more refined, high performance board, while still keeping the added flow and glide that defines the Phantom.
The Shadow is designed to give all surfers the advantages of a wider, forward outlined type of board, but in a sleek, High Performance package.
Modern foil/outline brings improved stability, paddle power, easy speed/flow in weaker waves.
Rocker and bottom contours combine to generate speed and allow tight, powerful turning in all conditions.
Great for all types of waves from beach breaks to points, reefs and even slabs.
Will help Intermediate surfers elevate their performance levels, while also bringing out the best in more advanced surfers.
The Shadow features a high performance outline, the wide point at center not behind as is typical of most other HPSBs. We pulled in the nose by almost a � inch and added rocker through the last 12" in the nose to keep it freed up through critical turns.
It has a gentle hip for added sensitivity and looseness, and the squash tail is pulled in a touch to tighten the turning radius and improve vertical surfing capability.
Tail rocker and bottom concave remain similar to the Phantom, already proven to work well in everyday conditions around the world.
The thickness flow sets the Shadow apart from other HPSBs, keeping the volume more forward of center but not overly exaggerated. Added foam under the chest area helps add paddle power and gives extra float under your front foot in slower sections, meaning easy speed and flow.
Ride the Shadow your height to an inch over, in your favorite high performance dimensions.
BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED, PROFESSIONAL
5'6" 18 5/8" 2 5/16" 24.70l
5'7" 18 3/4" 2 3/8" 26.00l
5'8" 18 7/8" 2 3/8" 26.60l
5'9" 19" 2 7/16" 27.90l
5'10" 19 1/4" 2 1/2" 29.30L
5'11" 19 3/8" 2 9/16" 30.60L
6'0" 19 1/2" 2 5/8" 32.10L
6'1" 19 3/4" 2 3/4" 34.30L
6'2" 20" 2 7/8" 36.80L
6'4" 20 1/2" 3" 40.30L
6'6" 20 3/4" 3 1/16" 42.80L
6'8" 21" 3 1/8" 45.50L
Returns & Exchanges
Return & Exchange Policy:
- Customer service is our number one goal. We are always here to assist in your buying purchases but understand the need to return or exchange items purchased online. If you are not completely satisfied with your products, you may return or exchange any purchase within 30 days of receipt.
- Items must be in new/unused condition, in original packaging with the original tags, receipt, all warranty cards, manuals and accessories. The manufacturers original packaging that comes with your item and all accessories that may be part of the item must also be returned undamaged. This means if your item comes in a box (for instance a shoe box) you will need to ship it inside another box to keep it in new condition. Items not returned in new condition could be ineligible for return or subject to a restocking fee. Ossies Surf Surf does not refund any shipping costs on returns unless the return was due to an error on our part.
- Please inspect all items upon arrival for errors or defects and contact us immediately if there is any loss or damage.
- If it is our error that is the cause for your return, we will reimburse your shipping costs to return your items.. (This is actual FedEx Ground, UPS Ground or USPS Priority freight and will not include any packaging, preparing, or mail room costs.) We will not reimburse for any Expedited Shipping: (i.e.; Overnight, 2nd Day or Air Shipping etc.).
- Please allow approximately 3 business days for your return to be processed once it has arrived.
- Used items are not eligible for returns, all sales are final on used items. Please me sure to ask any questions you have about the condition of a used item BEFORE purchasing.
Special Order Return Policy:
- Returns for refund on special orders may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Rental, lesson or tour cancellation refunds:
Any scheduled lessons or tours must be paid in full at the time of the reservation and may be cancelled with a full refund BEFORE 24 hours ahead of the scheduled time. If weather prevents lesson from being safe, alternate activities or store credit will be offered.