After Nathan Florence asked for more foam in his favorite step-up boards we ended up with a beefed up version of the Next Step which Nathan dubbed The Tank.
He rides it once his normal shortboards are too small to handle the waves and just won his first major event the Red Bull Cape Fear paddling his 6'6" into bombs at Shipsterns Bluff. While most of us have nightmares about that type of wave, it shows that the Tank is a board that can clearly handle whatever you want. It has been ridden around the world and proven by the best surfers in the best heavy water waves, but is also at home in any lineup that demands just a bit more board at your local spot or on your dream surf trip.
The Tank has all the best characteristics of a great step-up-
Extra Volume where you need it most, under your chest, for maximum paddle power that lets you get into waves early and easy, gets you out of the impact-zone faster, and helps make long paddle outs less painful.
Plenty of rocker for a high-performance feeling in larger, more powerful waves. Feels like your shortboard but with extra drive and hold to push as hard as you want. Also helps keep you safe taking late drops and lets you push your limits.
Thinner rails and tail (when compared to the overall thickness) so your beefy board rides with the sensitivity of a thinner board- when you are going fast you don't want boggy, thick rails that slow you down or make it hard to set your bottom turn.
We recommend that you go anywhere from 2" to 10" up from your shortboard, and add at least �" to ? " of thickness (more as you go longer). Remember, in bigger waves foam is always your friend.
Comes with 5-fin option so you can configure fins to make the most of different conditions.
INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED, PROFESSIONAL
6'4" 19 1/4" 2 11/16" 32.70L
6'6" 19 1/2" 2 3/4" 34.90L
6'8" 19 3/4" 2 7/8" 37.80L
6'10" 20" 3" 40.90L
7'0" 20 1/4" 3 1/16" 43.30L
7'2" 20 1/2" 3 1/8" 46.00L
7'4" 20 3/4" 3 1/4" 49.30L
Returns & Exchanges
Return & Exchange Policy:
- Customer service is our number one goal. We are always here to assist in your buying purchases but understand the need to return or exchange items purchased online. If you are not completely satisfied with your products, you may return or exchange any purchase within 30 days of receipt.
- Items must be in new/unused condition, in original packaging with the original tags, receipt, all warranty cards, manuals and accessories. The manufacturers original packaging that comes with your item and all accessories that may be part of the item must also be returned undamaged. This means if your item comes in a box (for instance a shoe box) you will need to ship it inside another box to keep it in new condition. Items not returned in new condition could be ineligible for return or subject to a restocking fee. Ossies Surf Surf does not refund any shipping costs on returns unless the return was due to an error on our part.
- Please inspect all items upon arrival for errors or defects and contact us immediately if there is any loss or damage.
- If it is our error that is the cause for your return, we will reimburse your shipping costs to return your items.. (This is actual FedEx Ground, UPS Ground or USPS Priority freight and will not include any packaging, preparing, or mail room costs.) We will not reimburse for any Expedited Shipping: (i.e.; Overnight, 2nd Day or Air Shipping etc.).
- Please allow approximately 3 business days for your return to be processed once it has arrived.
- Used items are not eligible for returns, all sales are final on used items. Please me sure to ask any questions you have about the condition of a used item BEFORE purchasing.
Special Order Return Policy:
- Returns for refund on special orders may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Rental, lesson or tour cancellation refunds:
Any scheduled lessons or tours must be paid in full at the time of the reservation and may be cancelled with a full refund BEFORE 24 hours ahead of the scheduled time. If weather prevents lesson from being safe, alternate activities or store credit will be offered.