Uber means excessive, beyond, and above all. The new Uber Driver is just that. Excessive fun, beyond expectations and above all, a great everyday surfboard. It is designed to further blend the barriers between hybrids and Pro Formance surfboards.
The Uber Driver features the outline and rocker/concaves from the back half (engine room/control center) of the DRIVERS currently ridden in smaller waves on tour by Kolohe Andino and Griffin Colapinto. It is then blended to a lower, wider, faster, more forgiving and playful nose. The tail features a low centerline rocker with a curvy rail line rocker under the rear foot, that transitions from a generous single/double concave through the front fins, to a noticeable vee behind the rear fin and out the tail. The nose rocker and forward outline was imported from our Rocket series outlines, and allows this board to be ridden shorter, with more speed out the gate and more drive and stability for everyday surfers. The outline and rocker are blended in a way that enables the board to still be surfed like a modern Pro-formance shortboard. It just feels like you are cheating a little. The Uber-Driver is the Rippers Pro-formance hybrid. Uber ripping fun for everyone.
UPDATED OCTOBER 2018
Based off of Team rider and overall feedback we fine tuned, updated and evolved the UBER DRIVER over the course of 2018. The general consensus being that the UD needed a decent wave to come to life. Almost like HPSB, but the team wanted a small wave speed machine. A Toy, for going mad in less than stellar surf. Blowing off steam. The Team spoke, and we listened. The results have netted a flatter, fatter, faster, funner small wave flying machine. Mason Ho and Ian Crane both rode The updated UBER DRIVER-19 to the final of The STAB HIGH Wave Pool event. Michael Rodrigues and Yago Dora are both calling the New UBER DRIVER their all time favorite alternative shape. Wider nose and tail, with a slightly lower overall rocker, and with more emphasis on small sub par surf. This being when our team, and most who ride Pro Formance style boards, would actually want to use the UBER DRIVER. The dims are similar, but due to changes in the shape, the volumes have increased. Check out the revised stock dims above. For those who have, or are interested in, an original UBER DRIVER, or want to replicate or update one, the original dims are still listed in the tab below. This board can be custom ordered any time. Just make sure your state UBER DRIVER-2018 Original.
length width thickness volume (l)
5-4 x 18.25 x 2.25 x 24.00
5-5 x 18.50 x 2.28 x 25.00
5-6 x 18.63 x 2.32 x 26.00
5-7 x 18.75 x 2.35 x 27.00
5-8 x 19.00 x 2.38 x 28.25
5-9 x 19.25 x 2.40 x 29.25
5-10 x 19.50 x 2.45 x 30.75
5-11 x 19.75 x 2.48 x 32.00
6-0 x 20.00 x 2.50 x 33.50
6-1 x 20.25 x 2.55 x 34.50
6-2 x 20.38 x 2.56 x 35.50
6-3 x 20.50 x 2.63 x 37.00
6-4 x 20.75 x 2.65 x 38.50
6-5 x 20.88 x 2.70 x 40.00
6-6 x 21.00 x 2.75 x 41.50
Returns & Exchanges
Return & Exchange Policy:
- Customer service is our number one goal. We are always here to assist in your buying purchases but understand the need to return or exchange items purchased online. If you are not completely satisfied with your products, you may return or exchange any purchase within 30 days of receipt.
- Items must be in new/unused condition, in original packaging with the original tags, receipt, all warranty cards, manuals and accessories. The manufacturers original packaging that comes with your item and all accessories that may be part of the item must also be returned undamaged. This means if your item comes in a box (for instance a shoe box) you will need to ship it inside another box to keep it in new condition. Items not returned in new condition could be ineligible for return or subject to a restocking fee. Ossies Surf Surf does not refund any shipping costs on returns unless the return was due to an error on our part.
- Please inspect all items upon arrival for errors or defects and contact us immediately if there is any loss or damage.
- If it is our error that is the cause for your return, we will reimburse your shipping costs to return your items.. (This is actual FedEx Ground, UPS Ground or USPS Priority freight and will not include any packaging, preparing, or mail room costs.) We will not reimburse for any Expedited Shipping: (i.e.; Overnight, 2nd Day or Air Shipping etc.).
- Please allow approximately 3 business days for your return to be processed once it has arrived.
- Used items are not eligible for returns, all sales are final on used items. Please me sure to ask any questions you have about the condition of a used item BEFORE purchasing.
Special Order Return Policy:
- Returns for refund on special orders may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Rental, lesson or tour cancellation refunds:
Any scheduled lessons or tours must be paid in full at the time of the reservation and may be cancelled with a full refund BEFORE 24 hours ahead of the scheduled time. If weather prevents lesson from being safe, alternate activities or store credit will be offered.